Bagua Zhang or (Eight Trigram Palm) is known for its unique circular and spherical movement.
According to the Mayo Clinic (See Article), Bagua has all the health benefits that Tai Chi Chuan is famous for
- Reducing stress
- Increased flexibility
- Improved muscle strength and definition
- Increased energy, stamina, and agility
- Increased feelings of well-being
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Improving balance and coordination
- Helps reduce the number of falls you might be subject to
- Improving the quality of sleep
- Slowing the bone loss in women after menopause
- Lowering blood pressure
- Improving cardiovascular fitness
- Helping relieve chronic pain
We start our class with a Bagua Standing Set(a form of Qigong)
that was introduced by Mr. Chan in this country in the 1970s.
Next, we perform the foundational exercise of Bagua called Ding Shyr (Circle Walking).
This ancient Chinese Health System will make you stronger from the inside out.