Mr. BP Chan in a Classic Bagua Pose
Bagua Zhang or (Eight Trigram Palm) is known for its unique circular and spherical movement.
According to the Mayo Clinic (See Article), Bagua has all the health benefits that Tai Chi Chuan is famous for such as:
- Reducing stress
- Increased flexibility
- Improved muscle strength and definition
- Increased energy, stamina, and agility
- Increased feelings of well-being
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Improving balance and coordination
- Helps reduce the number of falls you might be subject to
- Improving the quality of sleep
- Slowing the bone loss in women after menopause
- Lowering blood pressure
- Improving cardiovascular fitness
- Helping relieve chronic pain
We start our class with a Bagua Standing Set
This particular Standing Set of Bagua Qigong – Energy Cultivation Exercise) was first introduced in our country by Mr. BP Chan in the 1970s.
Each posture that is held helps to build certain qualities and connections in the practitioner.
Next, we perform the foundational exercise of Bagua called Ding Shyr (Circle Walking).
This practice helps cultivate a calm, relaxed mind, We put aside distracting thoughts and just concentrate on breathing and our movements. This ancient Chinese Health System will make you stronger from the inside out. Somewhat more vigorous than Tai Chi Chuan, it helps build the aerobic system of the body.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN MORE? >>CLICK HERE<<